Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect Seek.ind.in

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrReclusive

MrReclusive

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

ok I have been trying to get ride of this for awhile now.
The computer has AVG installed, fully updated, has been since before this started.
The computer has malwarebytes and spyware blaster installed, fully updated.
I have run housecall.
TDS Killer, hijack this, bit defender and more I cant think of the names right now.

The machine is on a school domain and we have a but load of group policy's set to keep kids from doing things they are not supposed to.
and the first time I ran combofix on a machine this heavily locked down the computer became almost unusable.
that was my first experience with combofix though, and the machine was locked down using local group policies, not domain group policies.

we did setup these computers so I do have administrator privileges, local and domain admin.

Other then this redirect issue this computer is pretty much spotless, except a Trojan that AVG kills about once a week(i am assuming it is coming from the redirected site)
this is both firefox and IE.

the redirect is not consistant, its like 1 out of every 50, making this really hard to find out if its gone, I could google for an hour and not get a redirect, but just so happens that the first time a teacher uses google she is redirected. (the teachers logon is not restricted, and Ive applied every fix I can find in the local admin and the teacher logon)

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrReclusive

MrReclusive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

sorry, close this, I just realized I already had a topic on here pertaining to this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users