Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

won't allow me on secure sites!...HELP!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aprilmarie0167

aprilmarie0167

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

I have Windows XP IE6 and my computer won't allow me on secure websites. It will allow me to browse the internet but it wont let me on anything that requires me to sign in, such as my emails, bank accounts, or social networks like Facebook. I have tried everything, I ran Malawarebytes but when I tried to delete it encountered a problem. I found a forum that was talking about a similar situation and someone suggested MouseMatrix which it allowed me to get on those sites through that? It's like something is blocking me from getting on theses sites. I have tried everything, deleting history, lowering the security settings, SSL, I just don't understand what could be wrong. I also downloaded Firefox but it says I don't have a connection to the internet?

I have about gave up and was going to take it to get it repaired? But, I feel like it may be something simple...I hope so anyways.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

Take a look here: Can't Access Secure Sites

See if that helps.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:37 PM

IE6 is old and may contain security risks. You should either upgrade to IE8, or go to a different browser. http://www.firefox.com/ http://www.google.com/chrome are two good ones.

#4 aprilmarie0167

aprilmarie0167
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

I thought maybe it was Norton Internet Security so I tried unistalling it, but it won't allow me to do that either. I downloaded Firefox but it won't allow me to access the internet at all. Animal, I tried everything but still having problems. :(

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:15 PM

Can you get to a secure website in safemode with networking?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users