Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Please

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 woody200456

woody200456

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:32 AM

hi lately i have been having problems every hour os so my computer restarts itself and i dont know why this is please help. thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:56 AM

Welcome to BC Woody. We are happy you found us. :thumbsup:

Let's try the simple hings first. I need you to unplugg you computer from the wall. Then take the cover off the casr and look to see how dirty the inside of your case is. If you have a modern computer,(built in the last 5 yrs.) it will have 2 to several fans. You will need to make sure they are clean and free spinning. To do what I have described you will need a can of air. This will be in the electronic dept. and Walmart, Kmart, Albertsons or any computer store, CompUSA, Best Buy,.. Do not use an air compressor. The condense moisture from the air. It will be like spraying you computer with a water hose. Just a note you need to clean your coputer out once a year minimun, twice a year if you have pet or live in a dusty enviroment.
Once you have it cleaned the inside you need to plug everything except the power back. Leave the case open. Make sure nothing is in or near the case openning. Be where you can see inside the case. Now plug the computer in and turn t on. Look and see if the fans are all running.
Let me know what you find.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 woody200456

woody200456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:06 AM

ok ill try that but ive never heard of a air can lol do they do them in the uk and my computer it prob about a yr or 2 old

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:20 AM

Oh yea. This is very common. I did not see you were in the UK, sorry. Here most electronic store carry it. It is even in the drugstores. I don't know if you have Radio Shack they will have it. It is a spray can with a electronic safe gas. It is referred to as "Air in a can" here.

#5 woody200456

woody200456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:30 AM

so something like this ?

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=35093

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:44 AM

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!! :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :cool:
Yes that is exactly it. Good job. You can do this. Keep us up to date on your progress. If you have another problem you don't have to wait, POST it now.

#7 woody200456

woody200456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:39 PM

hi ok seems find now ive cleaned it out a bit but another problem for a while way before my computer restarting by itself my ram is all funny i have a 1GB RAM but when i go into system it sayd i only have 512mb which is confusing me i dunno why this is :thumbsup: please help thanks in advanced.

#8 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:43 PM

Can you open your computer back up and check to make sure that all the ram is fully seated in its connector? If might have been a little loose and a blast of air made it too loose to connect..

#9 woody200456

woody200456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:03 PM

ok i did that took it out sprayed it with air also which i didnt do and sprayed the slots then pushed it in as far as it can go and it still says 512MB :thumbsup: and i was talking to my dad he reckons its faulty ram.

#10 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:41 PM

Here are two good RAM test..

Memtest86 "A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic"
MicroSoft's Memory Test

#11 woody200456

woody200456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:45 PM

ok thanks i ran the microsoft and saved it to my hard disc lol now what do i do ? thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users