Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem reparing Windows XP Professional SP!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iedq

iedq

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

I have the machine that had some problems with windows update. No update was able to be done.
I decided because of this to repair the windows XP professional.

Did boot from CD
pressed F8 to go to repair the installation.
At 34 minutes the system kept running but nothing happened

My understanding is that is at the hardware part. Removed all non essential hardware.

Problem still exist.

Machine had 4 Raid 1 drives and when reinstalling windowws re installed the drivers for it.

Nothing past the 34 minute mark.

HELPPPPP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

Old Problem, Varying Causes

I would suggest...slipstreaming a CD that contains SP3...and then attempting any install.

Slipstreaming Windows XP To Create a Bootable Windows XP CD or DVD - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/slipstreaming-windows-xp-to-create-bootable-cd/

I would also suggest that you remember that a repair effort may not overcome what is wrong, it's only an attempted fix.

Louis

#3 iedq

iedq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:44 AM

I have removed every kind of external hardware and nothing.

Still shows at 34 minutes.

This machine had windows XP Professionals SP1.

I'm getting frustrated. Every time i try and do something result is still the same.

Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users