Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios failure ? no post screen, windows starts normally

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 majti

majti

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hi I have a something called touchscreen panel by DFI model KS450. It's basically a PC with touch screen. I have this kind of problem: The POST screen does not show up when I start the computer, however windows xp welcome screen shows up and windows works. Additionally when I plugged in second LCD display (regular monitor) the POST screen showed up and allowed me to enter the BIOS. When I got there the option Boot Display - Vbios default under on-chip vga settings in advanced chipset features was disabled. On my other ks450s I am able to change this option. Once I get out of the bios the windows logo shows up on the external LCD, but then it normally switches to touchscreen and windows works. Can anyone give me any advice what might have been happening ? I would like the POST screen to show up again on the touchscreen. Thanks for advices

Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2010 - 01:35 PM.
EDIT: Moved from XP to Internal External Hardware ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:28 PM

Hi -
Do you need to set a key to be active so that you can have POST open at start or has this always been a set entry in your computer -
My system requires the Tab key to be pressed to open POST -

Thank You -

#3 majti

majti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:11 PM

It was always showing up at first, the only key I had to press was DEL but only if u wanted to get into bios.
The thing is that it shows on external display somehow but not on the internal... That's what bugs me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users