Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upon Startup, Massive Lag, Unable to Do Anything on Desktop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 randomnewb

randomnewb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

Hey, first time poster on BC and wondering about this problem.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on my ASUS and I'm having this terrible issue:

When I start up the computer, I get to the login screen. It sort of lags here and the sound plays before I get the display.

I log into my computer and there's some more lag with the sound playing after. I wait for a little while and then I move the mouse around. When I click anything, that folder is highlighted and is frozen, I can't make a second action until a good 20 seconds later. If I right click the bottom bar, the options pop up but I can't click any of them, they're frozen too. I can't open any folders.

The only way I've managed to solve this (and been able to post on this forum) is by hitting Fn+F1 (my computer's sleep mode key). I've also run Windows 7 in Bootlogging Mode (by hitting F8 before startup). So after coming back from sleep mode and inside Bootlogging mode my computer functions fine. However, now I'm getting a weird internet problem, I'll be connected then it will show the connection and google.com, other websites, etc. will not work. I disable my connection and the 'LAN' device and renable both and it works again.

I've also run some programs like Malware Bytes and SuperAntiSpyware, I've cleaned out and deleted what they told me to, but I've got "pev.cfxxe" left. Anyway, long story short, I'm afraid of restarting my computer because I won't be able to get it's original functions back.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: One more issue, there was a time when it would display "Windows Explorer is now restarting..." every time I clicked a file on the desktop, opened My Computer or Network Connections. Then it would give me my desktop again but repeat this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users