Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gamyr

Gamyr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

Hello everyone, Im Gamyr a 50 yr old self proclaimed computer geek. Im still amazed everytime I turn my computer on.I live in live in Ohio
Im retired (Disable) .Ive been messing with computers sense 1997 ,I found an old 286 on the side of the road,brought it home and just started fooling around with it. I was hooked. A short time later I bought my first pentium Computer. I bought a Packard Bell 133 megahertz with a 3.2 gig HD and 32 megs of ram and a 33.6 kbps modem.A signed up with Prodigy Internet .I used to go to PB site and drool over 6 gig HD and more ram that I could never afford. I think I gave around $2500 for that Computer, But I was the envy of my friends who had lessor machines. Oh by the way that was my first time to get on the World Wide Web ,man I ccould't belive it. I was truly amazed at all the enfo at the tip of my fingers now .
Im still amazed at how all this is possible with a silicon chip and a few diodes soldered together reading a language of 1s and 0s .
I do all my own work on my computer, and always have, when I have a problem that I cant solve I go to the forums,and news groups and find the answer.
Well I guess I've rambled enough, Im happy to be a part of Bleeping Computer and I hope I can contribute from time to time. Thanks for making this space availible for people like me .

Your new guy: Gamyr

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users