Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something New?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drmax

drmax

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:54 AM

Greetings (again):

Big kudos to the diligent gurus (grinler, et. al.) that helped me unscrew my home computer last time . Being a former computer engineer myself, I learned a great dela form that experience.

Unfortunately, my laptop is now in similar trouble. I am stationed overseas and have been using the laptop as my primary station. In finishing a college project last night, I had to surf for some data and somehting must have gotten around my safeguards (BlackIce, Spyware Blaster, Norton AV, McAfee Stinger, etc.) and this may be something new (at least to me)

I conducted a search on your site and found no refernces to the Spyaxe malware. This little gem places 1 (at first 2) icons directly on the taskbar and a balloon continuously pops up directing you to the website for Spyaxe. In addition, any attempt to access the Web brings up a Win 32 redirect and a message that your personal files are being accessed by somebody. Very annoying.

I ran Norton AV-nothing. Mcafee Stinger-nothing. Deleted all temp files (Cleanmgr)-done. Ran AdAware a few times-all clean. Ran Spybot-DSO exploit only-cleaned it. Checked startup files-nothing. Ran HijackThis-deleted any weird entries. Restarted after all-no luck-it's still there.

A little more help.

Max

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:56 AM

drmax:

Yes, that nasty little bug is showing up in HJT logs in this forum and others.

You could post a HiJackthis log in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
Before you do, please read and follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Good-luck.

:thumbsup:
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users