Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer not working with new graphic cards that needs 6-pin connectors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 markeloooo

markeloooo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

Just as the title says,
my computer does not give any image to the screen when i start it with my new 6870's, i used them in crossfire for some time and it worked really good, but then it suddenly started working and now i cant get any image on the screen when i start the computer with them.

But as soon as i start the computer with older graphic cards that doesnt need the 6 -pin connectors it works as it should.

this leads me to the question, you think its the PSU thats defect or the graphic cards that in some way got defected when i ran them in crossfire?

The graphic card is 6870 and the PSU is Cougar CM 1000w.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:03 AM

Have you tried using one of the 6870 cards at a time to see if one of them has failed.

Edited by dc3, 17 December 2010 - 01:16 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users