Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My processor is adequate enough, why is it saying it isnt?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rimmer0910

rimmer0910

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

Hi there,

I was about to install a game on my samsung r510 laptop when a box displayed

Age of mythology requires 450mHz or higher pentium II class processor. Setup has not detected the required minimum processor.

Specification:-

Vista service package 2 installed
Intel® Core™2 duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00Ghz
Memory: 4GB RAM

Windows Experience Index:-

Processor:- Calculations per second:- 4.9
Memory(RAM):- Memory Operations per second:- 4.9
Graphics:- Desktop performance for windows aero:- 4.1
Gaming graphics:- 3D business and gaming graphics performance:- 3.8 why is this???
Primary hard disk:- Disk data transfer rate:- 5.4

thank you for your time!

Rimmer0910

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

That's gonna be a mistake from the game setup. Your processor does meet minimum requirements.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 DeexEnigma

DeexEnigma

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

The reason this occurs is that the programming of the game itself isn't set to handle multiple CPUs.
Even though you have only 1 CPU in your computer, it is a dual core, thus the BIOS and Windows Reads it as having 2 CPUs.
This can trick some software into thinking you don't have the adequate CPU power because it is fooled by the fact its split into 2.

I remember Dungeon Keeper 2 in Win XP would actually fail to read there IS a CPU if you had multiple cores. It would give you a similar error, but actually state it could no in fact find a CPU.

I don't know specifically how Age Of Myth works but i know DK2 had an 'install anyway' option.
I'm surprised Age of Myth is giving you this error though, being that it was around at the same time as the Dual cores.
You might be able to find an updated installer or something along those lines on the AOM forums etc.
Have a good look around google to find if this is a common problem.

#4 rimmer0910

rimmer0910
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:57 AM

thanks alot for your help guys, much appreciated!
I will have a good look around specific AOM forums, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users