Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32.AutoRun.tmp Infection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HowAreYouDoing

HowAreYouDoing

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

My computer is the Windows Vista Home Premium and I recently ran Spybot Search and Destroy. It brought up the Win32.AutoRun.tmp Trojan and when I tried to click on "Fix Selected Problems" it said "This action may not be performed completely since you are not an administrator. If you want this performed for all users, please run this application elevated as an administrator." I am the only user on this computer and am the administrator. Listed under the Registry value is the following:

(SBI $751B1850) Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\\Winlogon\Taskman

Please let me know what I can do to fix this and thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

I would try using Malwarebytes and/or SUPERAntiSpyware on it...if I thought that was my only problem.

Personally, I don't ever understand how any person with a malware situation can assume that it's only one thing.

I'll move you to Am I Infected for a closer look :).

Louis

#3 Sonho

Sonho

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:56 AM

My computer is the Windows Vista Home Premium and I recently ran Spybot Search and Destroy. It brought up the Win32.AutoRun.tmp Trojan and when I tried to click on "Fix Selected Problems" it said "This action may not be performed completely since you are not an administrator. If you want this performed for all users, please run this application elevated as an administrator." I am the only user on this computer and am the administrator. Listed under the Registry value is the following:

(SBI $751B1850) Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\\Winlogon\Taskman

Please let me know what I can do to fix this and thank you in advance.

Hi, I have been struggling with this and other trojans for the last 4 days and have finally gotten clean. When I received the message you did, I ran search and destroy as the admin. Just go to the icon, right click on it and the menu will come up with that option. Also, download and run the latest version of malwarebytes (as recommended previously). You will most likely find quite a few problems as the autorun trojan looks for and downloads malware. I found 7 lovely ones.
Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users