Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building a Hackintosh

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sketch71

Sketch71

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

I am attempting to build my wife a hackintosh for Christmas. I am having a great deal of trouble finding out what components will work and what ones won't. I am looking to most likely throw an I7 in this computer maybe an I5 and run snow lepord. I am on OSx86 Wiki but their lists are not really updated. Any ideas or links, possibly even something minor spec I can look for on a MOBO that might be a dead giveaway if it would be OSX compatible.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey look, buddy, I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like 'what is beauty?', because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

Discussing topics of this nature are not permitted on BleepingComputer.
for3ver,
goose90proof

#3 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

Apple's license agreement for Mac OSX prohibits the installation of Mac OSX on computers that are not Apple branded.

Mac OSX License Agreement
for3ver,
goose90proof

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

Wouldn't we all love to have a hackintosh but it isnt legal it is possible but it isn't legal nor is it condoned here on Bleepingcomputer as seen in other topics in this same board.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#5 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

Actually...

BleepingComputer does not condone building or even using a hackintosh, It isn't legal nor is it withing the limits of apples EULA.

Not quite true. Apple's software (specifically, OS X) comes with a license that prohibits the use of the software with non-Apple hardware, as in the case of a Hackintosh. However, it is not illegal to do so anyway. It's merely a violation of the license, which is a contract between the user and Apple. Bleeping Computer's stance is that of someone not party to the contract: we neither condemn nor condone the contract or violations thereof.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic367340.html/page__view__findpost__p__2065299
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

Thank you KN for linking and quoting that I was going to do the same but I got a little distracted. :whistle:

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#7 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:00 PM

:thumbup2:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web