Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning You Tube Video's to DVD?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sistreat

sistreat

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

I have tried many times to burn some You Tube video's to a DVD so I can watch it on regular TV. How is this done? Are there any free programs available to do this? Thank you.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 17 December 2010 - 05:48 AM.
Moved to Audio Video forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:24 AM

May we assume that you have already downloaded the videos from Youtube?

#3 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

What format are the You tube video's? Are they .FLV? are you using Windows? or mac? Do you want to burn a DVD with LPCM audio? or are you OK with AC3 or MP2 audio.

Can you use Gspot, or Media Info to determine what the format is?

You might have to convert the You Tube video to MPEG-2.

On the mac, I use VLC media Player 0.9.4 to convert the FLV to MPEG-2 PS. Not sure if it also works on Windows.
Here's how;

Open VLC > click "File" > "Streaming/Export Wizard" > Tic "Transcode/Save to file" > "Next" > Tic "Select a stream" and find your FLV to convert > next

Tic box "Transcode Video" > "mpeg-2" or whatever you want.
Tic box "Transcode audio" > "mpeg Audio" or whatever > Change Bitrate to 32 or 16 to get sound > next > tic "mpeg PS" (program stream so your video editor will open it if you're using one) or whatever you want > next

Choose a place to save your file. > next > finish

For Windows, I think DVDStyler (free) will burn some FLV to DVD. (Not Sure) But it won't do LPCM audio without converting, There are very few free authors, if any, that will burn LPCM audio to DVD without converting to MP2 or AC3. Also it will stretch the video causing some loss in quality, and artifacts, (if the bitrate isn't high enough on the You Tube video) But It's something you could try, it's free. . . (donationware)
( DVDStyler might want to install a toolbar, just say no if you don't want it.)

Sometimes the audio / video is out of sync, This will complicate things. are you OK with doing a time stretch, or change the tempo, to make the audio match the video? You might have to convert the audio. You'll need to convert to MPEG 2, or AVI. Then demux and do a time stretch on your audio. You could use ProjectX, or PGCDemux, to demux, both free. You'll need an audio editor like Audacity (free).

FWIW, I use Winx HD video converter to convert the .FLV to MPEG 2, (it does a better job converting) then use DVDStyler or DVDauthorgui, both free. (MP2 or AC3 only for audio) to create the TS folder. IMGburn (free)to burn the TS folder to DVD.

To keep the original size I use an old version of Vegas (not free) to create a black border to fill in.
If I want a DVD with LPCM audio I use Nerovision (not free)to create chapters and make a VIDEO_TS folder. (NTSC) IMGburn (free) to burn the TS folder to DVD.
If the audio and video are out of sync I use Soundforge (not free) to do a time stretch.

Hope you can glean something from this.

Edited by 12x48y, 17 December 2010 - 09:43 AM.

#4 ez2beme

ez2beme

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:57 AM

u need a flv converter.go here and get one. its all freeware. http://www.freewareplanet.net/videoconvert.php?page=6

#5 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 514 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

firefox/install download helper plugin/download flv from youtube with d-helper/download and install Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter/drag in flvs &convert to mpeg2/download 30 day trial of sony dvd architect and insert mpeg2 files/prepare&burn DVD.

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#6 tambyte

tambyte

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

I've used DVDFlick, it's easy to use and free. If you already downloaded the video clip you just drop and drag it over to the DvdFlick window (once you have downloaded the program) and click on "project settings" to allow it to burn to dvd and it will use Img Burn to burn a dvd for you.

I've found it quite easy to use. It's free, so why not give it a try? It does all the encoding for you.

Edited by tambyte, 04 January 2011 - 12:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users