Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STOP: 0x0000007E

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roger_45

Roger_45

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:53 AM

I am trying to change my operating system from windows XP sp2 to sp3 but getting the following error
STOP: 0x0000007E

Can somebody help me to get rid of this problem???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

Is there any indication of malware being present on the system? (You did post in the Am I Infected? forum, so I am guessing that you think malware may be responsible for preventing the update from SP2 to SP3.)

How are you attempting to update the system from SP2 to SP3?

What exactly are you doing when the system fails with a BSOD (blue screen of death) STOP error of 0x7E?

Please download BlueScreenView (in zip file)
Extract the contents of bluescreenview.zip and then double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, and click on Run, to run the program. (No installation is required.)
When scanning is done (please be patient), go ...
  • Edit > Select All
  • File > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.
Close the BlueScreenView window.
Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ...
  • Edit > Select All
  • Edit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.

Edited by AustrAlien, 17 December 2010 - 04:47 AM.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#3 Roger_45

Roger_45
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:17 AM

Hi AustrAlien.

I was searching the solution of this problem the whole night in my friends computer on that day and finally got the bottom of it...I am pretty happy now. No there was no indication of malware.

Here is the solution, If someone is facing this problem (STOP: 0x0000007E) :- http://www.completepcpedia.com/upgrading_computer.html

Thanks.....

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:49 AM

Well done: Pleased you were able to find a solution to your problem, and thanks for posting it.

Take care and good luck.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users