Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet explorer has encountered....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Leo5

Leo5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:36 AM

Hello, I am having an issue with my Home PC and was hoping that you could help. Whenever I try to launch Internet Explorer I get a popup that says something to the effect of "Internet Explorer has stopped working, windows will try to find a solution to the problem" Then nothing. I am not completely sure of the exact message as I am at work and the computer in question is at home, if you need exact working I could get that today when I go home for lunch. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ez2beme

ez2beme

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

How to Fix Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working Problem
Sometimes, just when you thought your computer is in a perfect condition, your windows explorer stops working, freezes up, and restarts. You get error messages like "windows explorer has stopped working" followed by "windows explorer is restarting". You have done nothing wrong but the machine keeps stressing you out. Worry no more as this article will you show you how to solve the problem.

You do NOT need to perform a system restore to solve this problem. Nothing is wrong with your computer either. Inserting your OS installation disc and booting off the disc cannot fix the problem. The solution to the problem is very simple and only involves changing your thumbnails to icons. Follow the steps below to fix the problem and your computer will return to stability.

1. Click on the "Start Menu" and go to "Network"

Start Network

2. Click on "Organize" at the upper right corner of the window. A drop down window will pop up. Click on "folder" and "search options".

search options

3. On the folder option window, you will see three tabs at the upper right-hand corner. Click on "view" and SELECT "always show Icons, never thumbnail". Next, DESELECT "display files Icon on thumbnails" as illustrated below.

Display Files Icon on Thumbnails

4. Click OK and you should be good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users