Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-Malware Doctor Infection,PC will now not boot.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 marco_dude

marco_dude

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

Hi There,

Looking for some help with my PC which was infected with the Anitmalware Doctor virus on Monday.

The software took complete control of my computer and without really thinking i closed down. Now i am getting on boot "PXE media disconnected, check cable" then " No operating system found"

I have tried using the recovery console on the XP disk but it does not even show that i have a C Drive?
Commands
fixboot C:
chkdsk
do not work.
i do not get the option to boot into safe mode.
I tried using the Kasperski anti virus CD, but the scan location only showed "boot files & startup items" and nothing about my C: drive and it only lasted around 30 seconds. So i am pretty sure it never worked.

Any help guys would be great!!

Edited by boopme, 17 December 2010 - 08:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 marco_dude

marco_dude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:53 PM

bump

#3 Blind Faith

Blind Faith

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hello! :)

I am Blind Faith or Elle(it's easier to remember,I think) and I will help you with your malware related problems.
As you can see I am still a trainee and that means my work is revised by a coach.
Therefore, it will take a bit longer for me to reply.
So don't be impatient because I won't leave your case suspended in the air,waiting forever.

NOTE: Do not make any type of changes to your system during the cleaning process.The steps you are following are based on strict information from your system.So changes which I did not give instructions for are not recommended.

I will need some time to research the files on your system so please click the Options button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you should choose email notifications to know when I replied.

Remember to check your topic for new replies.

Probably, it will take a couple of days until the next reply but after that everything will go faster.

Also please let me know if you still need help after you have read this.

Elle

Edited by Blind Faith, 17 December 2010 - 07:52 PM.

Can you hear it?It's all around!

Tomar ki manè acchè?
Yadi thakè, tahalè
Ki kshama kartè paro
?

If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM.

Posted Image

#4 Blind Faith

Blind Faith

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,101 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

Hi there,

We will try to make the system bootable now before cleaning it. :)

• Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

• If your PC is not booting from the CD, you need to change the boot order:
    • Restart your PC
    • As soon as you get an image, press the Setup key. This is usually F2, or Del. On some machines the key can also be a different one. It should, however, be stated on the screen which key is the setup key.
    • Once you enter the computer's BIOS, use the arrow keys and tab key to move between elements. Press enter to select an item to change.
    • Navigate to the tab, where you can set the boot order. It should be called Boot or Boot order
    • The tab should now show your current boot order.
      If the CD-drive is not at the top, please navigate to the CD-Rom drive with the keys arrows. Then move it to the top of the list. The keys for switching boot position are usually + to move up and - to move down. However they can be different, but they should be stated in the help, so that you can find them easily.
    • Once the CD-drive is on top of the boot order, navigate to Exit and select Exit saving changes.
  • Your PC should now boot from your XP-CD.
    Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

• When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

• When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

• A command prompt will open

Type the following and press enter:

fixmbr
Please write down (as there is no copy option in Recovery Console) and report to me everything that comes out as a response to what you have introduced after c:\windows>.

After you have done everything I requested please type

Exit

And the PC should reboot, tell me what happens and if it boots normally.

Elle

Tomar ki manè acchè?
Yadi thakè, tahalè
Ki kshama kartè paro
?

Posted Image

#5 Blind Faith

Blind Faith

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,101 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

Hello marco_dude,

Do you still need help?

Your topic will be closed in 2 days if you do not come back with feedback. Have you resolved the problem?

Elle

Tomar ki manè acchè?
Yadi thakè, tahalè
Ki kshama kartè paro
?

Posted Image

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,113 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

If you are the original topic starter and you need this topic reopened, please send me a PM.

Everyone else, please start a new topic.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users