Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot load a web page when computer says internet is connected

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 james202

james202

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:01 AM

Hey Guys, i recently had my computer room painted and i had to take my computer away to get it done, and now that it is finished i set up my computer again and everything works excpet for connecting to the internet. I rang my local internet supplier and went through some things and they belive that there is something blocking me on the computer from accessing the internet. Because i can connect using wireless from my laptop i feel that the problem does not lie with the modem, but the computer itself. Do you have any ideas about how i can get the internet to work on my other computer. It says that the internet is connected, but i cannot load webpages nor update my virus protection etc. I am sure i was not infected prior as my comture was running fast and i had recently cleaned out pesky malware etc.

If you have any ideas please do not hesitate in replying

thanks in advance, james202

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

Have you run any scan for malware or other types of infections?

Can you run any scans?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 james202

james202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

Can you run any scans?

hey yeh ill run some scans today and post the logs. the guy i spoke to with my internet provider said something on port 80 was blocking me to access the internet.

#4 james202

james202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

Can you run any scans?

hey yeh ill run some scans today and post the logs. the guy i spoke to with my internet provider said something on port 80 was blocking me to access the internet.

ive got a feeling i am infected again, port 80 is the default port for http traffic right?

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

That is a very good possibility. I would suggest that you follow the instructions in This Guide starting at Step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this thread and ask.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users