Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i7 950 at 144.48 Watts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 soulshard

soulshard

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

Hey guys. My i7 950 is using 144.48 watts whether under load or not, it just stays the same. It is running at 3.2 GHz. Is this something i should be alarmed about? i know the processor is rated at 130 watts, and this seems pretty dang high. What you guys think? its on a gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r with a coolermaster v6. temps are fine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,959 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:54 AM

Where are you getting the 144.48W figure from?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:58 AM

Where are you getting the 144.48W figure from?

My question as well.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 soulshard

soulshard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

hardware monitor. my power strip keeps shutting off. and im pretty sure its cuz my psu is drawing too many watts for this thing or something. the psu is really good. its a 750 watt corsair. so that isnt the problem. but i have read that others dont even get 80 watts with their setups overclocked to 3.6 GHz.

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

Hardware monitor? Like a Kill-a-Watt or some software monitoring program? Software monitoring programs are a shot in the dark regarding watts and voltages.

I have an I920/ATI4870 rig and it pulls anywhere from 160 to 310 watts(at the wall) depending on load.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 soulshard

soulshard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

Hardware monitor? Like a Kill-a-Watt or some software monitoring program? Software monitoring programs are a shot in the dark regarding watts and voltages.

I have an I920/ATI4870 rig and it pulls anywhere from 160 to 310 watts(at the wall) depending on load.

Ya that is ur entire rig. I am talking about just my processor. And hardware monitor is pretty accurate now. it used to not be as good but it is really solid now. And i fixed my problem btw. My vcore was really high in my bios for some reason (like 1.29 which is wayyyyyyyy to high for stock speeds) so i lowered it to 1.2 and the voltages are okay now. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users