Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Beta2 For Xp

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Lierman

Mike Lierman

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:41 PM

Okay, ever since I heard that Vista Beta 2 came out I've been going crazzy that I "still" don't have it yet. I was wondering if any one know how to get my Windows XP Computer to have the look and sorta the feel of Microsoft Windows Vista Build 5259 (Vista Build 5259).

Anybody got any ideas??? :huh:

Thanks,
MIKE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:09 AM

Unless you are a MSDN member or a Technet Plus subscriber, there is not one to be had. No public distributions are available.

#3 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:21 PM

I was searching around for it one day and my bittorrent tracker had a Vista visual style. I didn't download it but if you really desperately want to hog up resources for some pretty effects I would look there.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#4 Brad_c

Brad_c

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:27 PM

Does it look much different from Beta1? or even perform better?

#5 Mike Lierman

Mike Lierman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:31 PM

Yes acutely it looks a whole lot better, from what I've heard they're trying to kill off the Beta2 before it gets to MSDN instead there are doing CTP (Community Tech Preview) to get feed back then in March-April 2006 they'll release it to MSDN then about June 2006 ir will hit the store and MIcrosoft will be 4 months ahead of scheldule (if everything goes right).

This is why I want the look and feel quick before they kill off the beta from MSDN which is suppost to be Monday of next week.

Check Pual's Supersite for windows vista e.g. www.winsupersite.com/vista

here are the pictures I like... http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvi..._gallery_02.asp

Edited by Mike Lierman, 07 December 2005 - 10:32 PM.

#6 Brad_c

Brad_c

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:36 AM

Yea I want that... lol

#7 bandaid1968

bandaid1968

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:18 AM

try this transformation pack its not vista but it will give an idea on how vista is supposed to look and feel
http://www.joejoe.biz/joejoe/vcp.html

#8 Jeffie

Jeffie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:02 AM

If you use bittorrent, go to "newNova.org" and you'll find 2 variations for Vista, you can install them and make your "XP" Vista like, or just d/l the VISTA and try it out.
Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users