Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Making A Simple Batch File...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Temo

Temo

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:52 PM

I was trying to make a batch file work but it just didn't work.

is this the commond to open a program?
START /M "C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE"

anyways... I also try to use @Echo off and it didn't work... it still poped the Dos window...

All I need is something that will turn a program on... I need it because this program has to start ever time I turn on my computer... and maybe I need help in this part also...

Thanks in advance...
The biggest pain in this world is Debuging!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:16 AM

What operating system are you running?
If you have XP you open a command window with Start>run and type cmd OK.
You can run your batch files from there.

You can write your batch files using Notepad - when you have finished save the file with a .BAT extention instead of .TXT and that's your batch file done. Open the command window, change directory (CD) to where you saved the batch file and just type its name. It will then execute.

"@Echo off" means don't output any text to the screen unless specifically told to.

it still poped the Dos window...

- I don't understand what your saying here.

All I need is something that will turn a program on..

If you are running Windows and the program is installed in windows (i.e. not a DOS program) then all you have to do is copy the program icon from the Start Menu or from the Desktop and paste it into the Startup folder on the Start Menu. The easiest way to do this which will work in all versions of Windows is to right-click the Start button and select 'Explore'. That opens the Start Menu for your user. Navigate to the Startup folder (should be directly under Programs) and paste your icon in there. When Windows starts that program will run. You can set parameters to start the program minimised or with particular values set and a host of other options - refer to windows help on using Startup.

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Temo

Temo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:10 PM

thanks
The biggest pain in this world is Debuging!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users