Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time it takes to get help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Centuck

Centuck

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hey,

I was just wondering, is there a specific order that BC helps people or is it just random? I have noticed that some people have not been helped since December 8th and others have been helped 6 hours after they posted today. Just wondering whats going on.

Travis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

Hi,

I can certainly appreciate your concerns and as a helper here, I do try and take the older topics first, but I am aware of my own limitations in what I am capable of accomplishing and the types of problems that would be beyond my expertise, so I may pass on a thread that appears to have an extremely complex problem, leaving it for a helper with a lot more experience and ability than I.

As all the helpers here are volunteers, from all walks of life our experience and areas of expertise will differ considerably.

I hope this assists in explaining why some threads appear to be receiving help quicker than others.

Posters can certainly help themselves by posting the required logs from the posting guidelines and describing in as much detail as possible the issues they are having.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#3 Centuck

Centuck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

OK thanks!

I was in no way complaining but i was just wondering why that's all. It's just hard waiting for someone to answer your thread while your family nags at you to get the computer working again haha. But thanks for answering i appreciate the honesty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users