Note the warning in blue at the top of the page: "ComboFix is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer."
FYI: MBAM is best
run with Windows running normally (not in Safe Mode).
Run the following on-line scan to clean up any remnants.ESET OnlineScan
- Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Push the Start button.
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Push the button.
: A log.txt
file will also be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\ folder.
If you did not save the ESETScan log, click
..., then type or copy and paste everything in the code box below into the Open dialogue box:
- Click Ok and the scan results will open in Notepad.
- Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.
: Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.NOTE 3
: In some instances if no malware is found, there will be no log produced.
Please post the Eset log and let us know how the computer is running now. Any signs of malware? Are you able to access the internet? Do you see any re-direction when clicking on Google search links?
Edited by AustrAlien, 18 December 2010 - 12:55 AM.