Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet explorer 6

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JR1955

JR1955

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

Hello to all you fine people ...... i'm using XP home edition with IE6 ... since yesterday i keep getting the error message ( internet explorer has encountered a problem and must close ) ..... i tried to search the problem with google and got all kinda answers that have'nt worked .... everything from script debugging to pdm.dll file ..... i searched for the file and it was not found and when i clicked the details i saw something about a tbzon1.dll file which i found belongs to zonealarm ...... there was also something about a 3rd party add on to my browser .... i'm stumped here ... i'm sure there is an easy fix but i cant find it .... any help out there ? i can use firefox with no issues

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

Why not just update to IE 7 or IE8?

IE6 is not supported by many websites and is a definite safeguard issue at this date.

Louis

#3 Captain Paul

Captain Paul

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

I have the same problem with Explorer it just happened today. Any news on how to fix it?

#4 drg3824

drg3824

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

Update would help.

#5 JR1955

JR1955
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

ironically ....... i disabled my zone alarm tool bar .... and so far i have opened IE6 10 times without an issue .. so .. if you have zone alarm and have the zone alarm tool bar under your IE address bar disable it .... so far it seems to have helped my issue .... but tomorrow is another day ... lol

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

Internet Explorer 6 is obsolete and thus dangerous.
It shouldn't be used anymore.
Upgrade to at least IE7.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users