Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Streaming Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tambyte

tambyte

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:25 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2.7 Celeron with 768 MB RAM (64 shared with the video). I recently reinstalled XP Home/Service Pack 2 think maybe it would help me.

After going to YouTube (with IE and Firefox) and downloading the latest Flash, youtube videos either play fine for a few seconds then freeze and start again or sometimes it just plays with about a second lag. I download DiVx and watched a Youtube video in higher quality and it worked perfectly.

I don't understand...if my laptop can play higher quality vid with no problem, why can't it play FlashPlayer vids? I have been Googling for hours looking for an answer. Anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

It looks like it might be a Youtube issue. You might want to try adjusting Hardware Acceleration in Flash settings. But I have a feeling it's just Youtube being Youtube. Try another viral video site like Daily Motion and see how it goes there.

#3 tambyte

tambyte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:15 AM

I have been playing around with my laptop and the issue appears to be some type of software conflict. When i have Divx software on my laptop, then Flash does not work properly. When i deleted all divx i was able to watch Flash videos again without hardly any stuttering and it never freezed.

I would however like to have the divx software so i can watch divx videos. So, i am going to format and reinstall XP again and try to install all my software in a certain order, hopefully all the different codecs and software will work properly then.

I have been reading more and it is said if you install the older version of divx first and then upgrade to the newest version, then things work okay. Well, guess i'll find out soon enough.

I decided to just spend 45 minutes reinstalling, instead of what seems alot longer uninstalling programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users