Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smart HDD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nelli04

Nelli04

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:09 AM

I'm trying to remove Smart HDD malware and when I try to download rkill, I get a message that says my security settings won't allow it. It will not let me download MalwareBytes either. Or any antivirous software.

What can I do to remove Smart HDD?

Help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bufftron

bufftron

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:23 AM

Have you tried it in safe mode? Safe mode is your friend! :)

#3 Nelli04

Nelli04
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

I can't open in safe mode either. I've tried many times and after I tap on F8, the only option it gives me is to open Windows XP.

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

after I tap on F8, the only option it gives me is to open Windows XP.

After choosing to start Windows Xp, continue tapping F8. Does this bring you to the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" where you can choose to start in "Safe Mode with networking"?

"It is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested in this guide on another computer and then transfer them to the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive."
Remove Smart HDD (Uninstall Guide)

Please ensure that you do update the MBAM database definitions before scanning.

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Please post the log and let us know how the system is running now.

Edited by AustrAlien, 16 December 2010 - 01:30 AM.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users