Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetongs all!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nukeman

nukeman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:32 PM

Greetings all!

Just stopping by to introduce myself, and say that I am happy to find a community of computer pros who are willing to take pity on those of us that don't know which end is up when it comes to software.

I work and live in CT, and am also back in school working on a PhD part-time. I think computers are terrific, as long as someone else maintains them for me...in other words, I love what they do, but am pretty much a gumby when it comes to knowing how they do it, or how they work. I can run a commercial nuclear plant, but cannot seem to remove malicious software from my computer!

My biggest frustration is the amount of time I end up wasting on trying to fix "stuff" that happens to my computer. Things have been great for awhile, but a 'couple days back I somehow got the old "Spyaxe" scam hijacker...anyway, I'm gratefully looking forward to some help in getting my machine to work better in general, and to get rid of this hijacker for starters...so I'm off to the problem page in search of answers.

Best to all, and Go Giants! Great win today over Dallas.

Rob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:50 PM

My my you seem full of energy. You are welcome at BC. I'll make a trade with you. You keep the nuclear power plant that supplies our server online, and we'll help you keep your computer straight. Deal? :thumbsup:
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 11 December 2005 - 10:57 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! nukeman.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers: