Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless connection trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA Sparty

PA Sparty

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:20 AM

I have a Verizon router (M1424WR)with one computer wired and two others wireless. I've had no problem for a couple years but recently one computer will loose connection. It shows in the available networks but won't connect. Several othe networks also show (neighbors) but my router is listed first and as automatic.

The only thing that works is to reset the router. I've done it three times over the past month but shouldn't have to. The other wireless computer in the house never has a problem connecting.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:14 PM

welcome to bc. is the computer in question that disconnects out of range from the router? That may be your problem.

#3 PA Sparty

PA Sparty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

I don't think that's the problem.
When it is connected the single strength is listed as "very good"
The router is on the same floor just a couple rooms away.
The computer has been in the same relative position to the router for two years but the problems are recent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users