Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Officejet j4580 paper jam issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Techiejunkie

Techiejunkie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:34 AM

Okay so I am doing this for a friend. She has a HP Officejet j4580 that she is wanting to use HP Advanced photo paper on. She says that she has changed her margins and everything is correct. I guess when the photo paper feeds she get an error that there is a paper jam. Yet she does not see one. I am not well informed on printers and so far I have found no solutions to the problem on other sites. I wish I could go look at it myself but she lives in CA. Anyone have any advice? Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:15 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I know I it is hard to diagnose a printer issue without actually seeing what is going on.

Have your friend check that there isn't anything making contact with the paper jam sensor, it can be a piece of paper to a paper clip.

Have your friend try a regular piece of printing paper to see if the printer prints normally.

If printing fails, then there is something in the printer that is triggering the paper jam sensor.

If regular printing paper works and this glossy photo paper is the only type causing the paper jam errors, then there may be some form of slippage happening with the feed rollers, have them try cleaning off the rollers with a very diluted water and soap solution and a clean cloth.
This may bring some traction back to the rollers which may be experiencing a slip and grip issue and triggering the paper jam warning.

Please keep us posted and hope these suggestions help.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Techiejunkie

Techiejunkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:33 AM

Thank you very much for the advice! :thumbup2: I will pass the info along. 37 years huh? Impressive!

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:47 AM

You're most welcomed. :thumbsup:

Hopefully my suggestions will get this printer up and working.

If the suggstions do not work, please come back and post this and I'll offer a few other suggestions.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users