Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

#$@& YOU WAHOHA!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: #$@& YOU WAHOHA! (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Do these blog redirect sites annoy the hell out of you too?

1. Meh, I just deal with it. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. They should all burn! (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. What are you talking about? (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 airbornemist6

airbornemist6

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

So guys, I'm tired of seeing Wahoha and 2leep ads everywhere I turn. I've been trying to block them using adblock plus filters, but can't manage to make a filter that gets rid of them completely. Am I the only one annoyed by these damn blog redirect sites? Seriously, I'm so incredibly annoyed by these things I don't know what to do anymore. Anyone know of any problems?

For the record, googling doesn't help. Since these things are all over the place, they end up with high pageranks and pretty much drown out all hopes of getting rid of the damn thing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 airbornemist6

airbornemist6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

Ok, so, apparently no one knows what I'm talking about, here's an example:

http://nuffy.net/misc/pics/craziest-tattoos.html

That set of ads up at the top is wahoha. Apparently not enough people think they actually are ads to add them to the adblock plus filters. Either that, or they're like me and can't figure out how exactly to filter the damn things without breaking every website they're on.

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

I dont have issues with ads popping up on me everwhere. But then again, I dont randomly surf and im careful about what pages I visit. Keep in mind, there is no such thing as a pop up blocker that blocks all your popups-its virtually impossible to do. Its also possible you have adaware or other malware on your computer, you may want to run a good anti virus program such as AVAST or visit thispart of our website. Also, a good resource on keeping your computer secure check out this section.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 airbornemist6

airbornemist6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

*sigh* this isn't a problem with pop-ups or malware. Being that I work in IT as a service technician I've learned to identify malware. I currently am running Avast Internet Security and scan with Malwarebytes and Super Antispyware weekly. This is NOT a spyware problem. This is an internet annoyance you will notice if you surf the web with services like Stumbleupon (which I do). I have encountered this on many computers, including multiple computers at work, which I have ceritifed as clean. This is not a pop-up problem, it is simply annoying ads. I use Adblock Plus and I am trying to figure out how to block it, that is all. These sites are the only sites I have problems with. I see the ads all the time and I can't block them, I've been trying to, but doing so often causes the site to get messed up. I tried explaining this earlier, but I think it got deleted when an admin moved my topic to this board. I promise I know what I'm talking about T.T

For the record, I am simply trying to figure out how to make a filter which will remove these damn ads, hell, even block the whole website, without breaking the website I'm on.

Edited by airbornemist6, 15 December 2010 - 12:36 AM.

#5 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

Umm, I'm not seeing any adds at the top of nuffy.net. The flashing pix under the "Crazy Accidents" section is a bit distracting though.

#6 airbornemist6

airbornemist6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:12 AM

This is what I'm talking about
Posted Image

Edited by airbornemist6, 15 December 2010 - 02:13 AM.

#7 airbornemist6

airbornemist6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:27 AM

Nevermind, I realized my Adblock Plus syntax was wrong. (these damn sites still aren't any less annoying though.

#8 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

well, like I said, unfortunatly, pop up blockers are not 100% and those adds arent even popups-they are incorporated into the site which makes them next to impossible to remove (to my knowledge)

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

I use admunch and have never seen an ad anywhere I didn't want one in 7 years. :whistle: I'd never heard of these.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#10 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

I was reluctant to visit a site that might be a problem, but I took a chance with my Linux netbook. I used Firefox with NoScript and most of the ads appear to be blocked. I would assume that a good Hosts file would also help block them.

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,903 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:06 AM

Yep, NoScript is the answer. No visible ads when visiting that Nuffy site.
Killed the very annoying flash Crazy Accidents or whatever by simply right clicking on it and choosing
to block in AdblockPlus.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#12 MelissaPleases

MelissaPleases

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

@ Animal: I did a bit of looking at Admuncher - does this really do all it claims to? If so, I'm downloading! :D

Snowden03.png

~   Notorious Thread Killer   ~
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Full ATX | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB 512-Bit | PSU: EVGA 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 SDRAM [4x8GB] Audio: Integrated Creative Sound Core 3D 5.1 | Internal Storage: Samsung 2 TB HDD | Seagate 1 TB HDD | Samsung 500GB SSD [x2] | Mushkin 500GB SSD | External Storage: Seagate 2TB | Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS324 Dual Layer

Display 1: AOC I2757Fh 27" | Display 2 & 3: LG 24MP57HQ-P 24" | Operating Systems: OS 1: Windows 10 Professional | OS 2: Linux Mint Cinnamon | OS 3: Windows 7 Ultimate x-64 | Antivirus: MS Security Essentials | Firewall: Windows Firewall

#13 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

I'm not sure on AdMuncher , never used it (yet) , but my HostsMan blocks a lot of ads that I want uot -
The wife wonders why there is missing items on her F/book pages :hysterical:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users