Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery Life Program Missing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 william1657

william1657

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

Until recently I used a battery life program that monitered my current battery power and allowed me to change my performance settings, including my screen brightness. I do not know the exact name of the program, just that it was present when I first purchased my computer.

Recently I ran Hitman Pro and haven't been able to locate this program since. Unfortunatly I had the screen brightness set to 0% before I lost it and now have no way to fix it.

If you either know how to find the battery program, or how to fix the brightness please tell me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

A big help would be to tell us your make and model of computer as well as your OS. That will give us more information to go on in narrowing down possibilities or alternatives.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 william1657

william1657
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:13 PM

I'm using an Acer Extensa 4220. It was originally a Vista but they included a CD to make it an XP.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:02 PM

Take a look at the Support list of downloads here: Download Center ( ALL Products )

Fill in all the information and it will display a page that at the bottom you'll see 5 tab's identified as: Applications, BIOS, Document, Driver and Patch. I would take a look at the applications tab and see if you can find it there. Beyond that if you don't see it send an email asking them what it is and ask.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users