Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Virus From USB Stick Dumped down my computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zeerak

Zeerak

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

I donít have any anti-virus installed on my computer yet. My sister brought some USB stick from her friend, and plugged it into my computer, which infected it so badly that you canít even imagine, I donít know what file has infected my computer but I can probably say that it is ďautorun.infĒ. The list of unusual things happening with the computer is as:
1. The computer is working really very very slowly.
2. Whenever I try to open the Task Manager, it shows up for a slight second and disappears, if I try to open it again (after opening once), it does not opens at all.
3. I cannot surf the internet as the Internet Explorer is working too much slow that I cannot tell you. Iíve got IE8. If I try to open a site it takes years to open it and then the explorer hangs.
4. The startup takes too long than usual, all the startup programs (such as, MSN Messenger etc., which starts up whenever the computer is booted) takes so long to appear on the screen.
5. Whatever commands I give to the computer, the computer takes hours to do it, and this happens especially when Iím connected to the internet.
6. The computer takes too long to shut down.
7. The computer does not respond and hangs frequently.
8. System settings related dialog boxes do not open, and if they do, they do just for a slight second and then disappear.
9. Iíve got base CPU box, it produces a weird sound, as if a fan is running very fast inside it.
10. Whenever I try to shut down the computer, first it takes too long then it displays dialog boxes of programs: mfp3lr9.exe and cmmon32.exe, and asks to End them Now by hitting the END NOW button.
11. A dialog box appears at the startup saying that the file ďmsftstp.exeĒ has been encountered with a problem and needs to close.
12. Last but not the least the computer is working tooooooooooooooo slow, especially when Iím connected to the internet and using IE8. The IE8 too works really very slowly.

Please i'm really desperate, I plead the admins to please help me cure me computer pleasssssssse!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users