Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijacker, tried scans, didn't find...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CC1769

CC1769

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

This morning I was online doing some homework and my Google Chrome browser just crashed. I went to reopen it, and Google Chrome would open, but then the tabs would start acting like they're loading (the circle on the tab is moving) but nothing ever came up, pages stayed white.

After that, I uninstalled Google Chrome and tried to redownload it through Internet Explorer, this was when I found out it too was compromised. I rebooted and ran IE again with it's protective mode on, I was able to download and reinstall Google Chrome, still nothing.

Finally, I've got Chrome working again (by adding the "--no-sandbox" to the Chrome.exe file location) and I've downloaded AdAware, Spybot S&D, and Malaware, ran them all, and still nothing.

I'm not tech savy, but I'm pretty certain this is a browser hijacker, and I have NO idea where to go from here, I'm only even able to access this forum because of the "--no-sandbox"... I have finals this week in college and I NEED to get my computer fixed so I can get back on track.

If anyone can help...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users