Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OS X 10.6.5 Randomly Reboots

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fbraun

fbraun

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:23 PM

First my machine: MacBook Pro, 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB Ram, 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM with 120 GB HD (35 GB open) running OS X 10.6.5
I leave my laptop running all the time plugged into the wall (just had my original battery replace along with my Super Drive this week.) Starting about two weeks ago I would come into my office early in the morning and find that the laptop had rebooted overnight and was at the sign in screen. This morning the computer was just where I had left it the night before but after stepping away from the computer briefly I came back and found that it had rebooted again.

Can you suggest any reasons for this happening or tell me where to look for an "event log" or something of that nature. I have only been working on Macs for a couple of years and am not familiar with where to look to see what problems caused a crash and reboot. If this were a PC I would go to the Event Viewer and look for the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 davidanders

davidanders

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

Console in the Utilities Folder in the Applications Folder allows you to view the various logs.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/what-is-macosx/apps-and-utilities.html#console
David Anders
The Computer Guy, Seattle
My Allexperts Stats

#3 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

In System Preferences > Security > GeneraL tab is "Require password after sleep or screen saver begins" chosen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users