Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fbraun

fbraun

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

Greetings. I am finally here because this site has been recommended to me so often by my co-hosts. I am the radio host for The Internet Advisor a weekly computer program that has run on WJR 760 AM, Detroit for the last 13 years. We are the longest running, locally produced computer show on Detroit radio. I started the show in 1986 with my co-host Gary Baker who at that time was part owner of my ISP (now Online Tech). I have been a broadcaster since 1974 and asked Gary to be on my Saturday morning show because I was having problems with my Internet connection and the rest, as they say, is history. We don't try to be the smartest kids on the block but serve the purpose of allowing our radio audience to call in and get some answers to their questions. The people who do the helping are Gary and a group of experienced computer techs Ed Rudel and Cal Carson (our Mac expert) (both of whom are HP corporate techs). Recently one of them recommended adding Combofix to the tool kit of service software that I use to help out friends with computer problems. He said that the best place to get the software was right here so I decided to join in. We have often come here for solutions because of the recommendations of our chief tech on the show, Ed Rudel, corporate tech support for HP in Detroit. The fellow who recommended Bleeping Computers for Combofix is a Kurt Hines a new addition to our tech team and an excellent young troubleshooter. As I say on the show, "I just drive the bus." and leave the advice to the guys who know what they are talking about but I do help friends who have simpler computer problems and often "clean up" infected machines. Glad to be here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users