Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDDRESCUE post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BluesMusicLover

BluesMusicLover

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

Did my first post get put in the wrong forum?

I previously posted in a different forum: Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

My post is titled: HDDRESCUE Malware How to proceed?

I don't want to re-post my same message, but I am concerned no one has replied to it. Did I put it in the wrong forum? Can it be moved or should I repost it in this forum?

I have tried to follow the First steps guide but the malware seems to be blocking my attempts to open a browser or to launch and start programs so I can download or run the scan software recommended here. I need a little help on how to get started. I don't want to make things worse so I have left my computer off while I am waiting to get some direction on how to proceed. Unsure how to get going on this problem.

Your assistance is appreciated
Thanks,
Doug

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BluesMusicLover

BluesMusicLover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

Ok, here is where I am at...

I got worried about my computer being down so I decided to try some suggestions posted here and I was able to get the rkill program to run and it was able to stop the offending malware. I was nervous after having read other posts where they had lots of trouble so I was hesitant to go for it on my own.

I ran Malwarebytes and it found 18 or so offending errors and it reports all were fixed, disabled or quarantined. After it prompted me to reboot, I ran it again and no reported problems were found

I ran dss and will post on my original message

I'm going back to my original message to post the logs in there.

Thanks,
Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users