Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Temp File Has Gone Wild

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sweetwater1

sweetwater1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:28 PM

I use Windows XP. I found out today that I was almost out of memory on the hard drive. It is usually at 50%. I use Cleandisk once a week and it includes temporary files. I also use Spybot, Spycatcher, and Pest Patrol several times a week. I found this site and used the 3 that were recommended, Panda. Houseclean and I forget the last one. I found over 1000 fnm.tmp files all of the same size(8966 kb) starting on 10-30-05. I tried to open up a fnm.tmp file but could not. I tried to delete all of the fnm.tmp files. I was able to delet them all except it will not let me delete the files from today. It says "can not delete file. It is being used by another person or program". There is also 1609 other misc files in the temp file. This fnm file is reproducing itself up to 20 times a day and seems to have something to do with either logging on or logging off as 3 more appeared after I restarted the computer a few minutes ago and was time stamped near the restart time. Until this gets solved can I delete ALL files or any type in the Temp file without hurting anything? I would appreciate any help you can give. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Cretemonster_*

Guest_Cretemonster_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:36 AM

Hi sweetwater1 and Welcome to the Bleeping Computer!

Please read through the below link and post back with a HijackThis log.

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users