Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plagued by Trojans

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 danahemmer

danahemmer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

About 6 weeks ago, I managed somehow to install SecurityTool which took a long time to get rid of, thanks to the help from these forums.

I therefore installed MalwareBytes and ran this everyday and it continued to find 3-5 new trojans each day. I removed these each day, restarted my computer, ran another scan and would be all clear.

I would then go on the internet and search for something and am "redirected" to another page..... I would then run another scan, find another trojan and clear it again.

This was becoming unbearable, so I then installed the activated version of Malware Bytes which I run twice a day but each time shows my computer as clear of virus etc. Despite this, a bubble keeps appearing saying that "Malware Bytes has successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website:" and quoting one of 5 different IP addresses. It therefore seems obvious to me that my computer is still infected but neither Malware Bytes, Adaware or Trend Antivirus software is picking up the infection and therefore managing to erase it.

Attached File  Malware bubble.JPG   6.84KB   1 downloads

RKill.exe does not seem to find any spyware either.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 14 December 2010 - 10:48 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users