Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photos not displaying on web page

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 colinthecamel

colinthecamel

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:32 AM

Well, I have a web page www.mekneshouse.com/cavehouse3.html which is the revamped version of www.mekneshouse.com/cavehouse.html

I added two more photographs to the web page. One of the new additions is there, clearly visible, under bedroom 1. The other one, which is the blank square alongside the photo under the title bedroom 2, is not visible. I use Filezilla and the photo has been uploaded to the web page but I cannot see why it does not appear. I use NVU to create the web page and I looked at the html code but cannot see my error.

I am sure it is a very simple solution but I cannot see the wood for the trees. Maybe someone out there could spot the mistake and put me out of my misery.

Thanks in anticipation.
Col

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:15 AM

My guess is that the name you are using in your HTML is not the same as the actual image name. Additionally, you have typos in your code that need to be fixed. This is invalid:
<span ="">
That code is a bit of a mess in there. It makes no sense to have a span tag inside of a span tag. It also makes no sense to have an empty span tag at all. In fact, nothing between the opening body tag and the first image tag is doing anything other than taking up space. It might be causing a problem.

#3 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

/Picture014.jpg - doesn't exist

Either upload or change the path in your coding.

#4 colinthecamel

colinthecamel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:02 AM

My guess is that the name you are using in your HTML is not the same as the actual image name. Additionally, you have typos in your code that need to be fixed. This is invalid:
<span ="">
That code is a bit of a mess in there. It makes no sense to have a span tag inside of a span tag. It also makes no sense to have an empty span tag at all. In fact, nothing between the opening body tag and the first image tag is doing anything other than taking up space. It might be causing a problem.

Thanks for your help. I found the error, the images had been selected from C:/my docs/my pics etc and I should have just put picture014.jpg in there. Its sorted now! I didn't write the code, I don't understand the code. I use NVU to create the web page and it generates the code. As for the bit you mention, I will try and find the code you refer to and delete it.

#5 colinthecamel

colinthecamel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:04 AM

/Picture014.jpg - doesn't exist

Either upload or change the path in your coding.

Well spotted that man! Thanks, it should have read Picture014.jpg. This is why I could not understand it, I never spotted the stray oblique there! All sorted now, hopefully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users