Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

winIogon.exe and explorer.exe viruses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 McMillian

McMillian

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:43 AM

I have Windows XP. I have been using AVG and it has identified system files (winIogon.exe) and (explorer.exe) as win32/Patched.FR and win32/Patched.FS viruses, however will not remove them. I also downloaded Malwarebytes, but it doesn't even recognize them as viruses. I also downloaded Stinger, which also has not identified them as viruses either. Spybot also does nothing to get rid of it. My computer loses about 1 GB every day (so far 10 total and i'm down to 300 MB) and has been sending out spam through my yahoo email account. I also get an error message on my PC referring to a generic host process which causes various malfunctions on my computer. This was all on my laptop and now I seem to be having the same problem on my desktop. PLEASE HELP!!!!! Thank You

Edited by McMillian, 14 December 2010 - 02:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

This issue will need to be dealt with by a member of the Malware Response Team, so please follow the instructions in the
Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

When you have done that, post your log in the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum", NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team experts.

Please let us know, here, if you have been able to successfully start your new topic.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users