Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 purfles

purfles

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:55 AM

I'm running windows vista, and I recently followed a bad link and ended up with a bunch of malware on my system. First, I ran a scan with Norton antivirus. In the space where it displays the name of the file it is scanning, several virus names such as Trojan.feedel and Spyware.isnake came up. But it didn't recognize any of them as viruses. Then I tried manually searching for them using the computer's search menu, and the processes list in the task manager. But I couldn't find any of them. Finally, I tried downloading malwarebytes and running a scan with that. But still no luck. I think I may need to use combofix.

Edited by Andrew, 14 December 2010 - 01:59 AM.
Mod Edit: Moved From Logs Forum To AII - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,942 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:12 AM

I have already responded in your other thread here. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. Further, it necessitates staff spending time with housecleaning to remove or close those duplicate postings...time which could have been provided to others needing assistance.

Thanks for your cooperation.

This thread is closed. If you have any questions. Please PM me or another Moderator.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users