Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Isn't Working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:38 PM

Hey i just built a computer. For some reason my mouse doesn't seem to work. I never installed a driver but i was under the impression you didn't need to. Is there something that im missing. I cant move my mouse. Also what does BIos stand for and what do they do. Thanks for the help.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:24 PM

You are correct the mouse should have reconized. Make sure your plug is securly inserted in the socket. Do you have another mouse you can try?

Basic Input Output System. This is what tells your computer how to boot before windows/linux/Mac/other operating system starts up. It is contained on a chip on the motherboard. You access it by pressing F2 F10 or whatever you are prompted at the time your computer boots.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Rabbuk

Rabbuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:29 PM

okay so you think its a faulty mouse. I'm using linux and its doesn't say that its supprted for linux. DOes this matter?
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#4 Rabbuk

Rabbuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:34 PM

does it matter that im using linux and the muse isn't supported for linux. The keyboard is working and its part of a keyboard/mouse combo
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:50 PM

Hmm, I made a bad assumption that you were using XP. What flavor of linux, what mouse are you using?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users