Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:18 PM
Recently someone illegally installed the zdsoft.com screen recording software on my laptop. I have contacted the company directly, however their support department is below par (their response time is lengthy).
Here are some key points that may be helpful to assist me in removing the software:
- I do not have access to the PC that originally downloaded the program from ZDsoft. Apparently there is a log key of some sort that controls the program. So I may have to remove this from my PC manually from the logs/registry. The program is not detected in the install/remove programs list.
- Although I didn't realize it at the time, I experienced Internet connectivity problems during this illegal download unto my computer. The hacker offered to "assist"... immediately after that the software was installed. I'm not sure what he did.
- There are currently 2 PC's in our home. The hacker has been able to access both PC's. Although he hacked into the laptop initially. The software program seems to connect through our Internet hosting company.
- Before removing completely, please provide instructions on maintaining any logs/information that could be helpful for me in the future to prove my PC was illegally hacked into.
- Last, files/documents were remotely downloaded by the hacker. Any way to collect a detailed report of the files that were downloaded?
Thank you, in advance, for your assistance. I will wait for your response.