Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer hacked with ZDSoft.com screen recording software

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 ttillman

ttillman

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

Recently someone illegally installed the zdsoft.com screen recording software on my laptop. I have contacted the company directly, however their support department is below par (their response time is lengthy).

Here are some key points that may be helpful to assist me in removing the software:

- I do not have access to the PC that originally downloaded the program from ZDsoft. Apparently there is a log key of some sort that controls the program. So I may have to remove this from my PC manually from the logs/registry. The program is not detected in the install/remove programs list.

- Although I didn't realize it at the time, I experienced Internet connectivity problems during this illegal download unto my computer. The hacker offered to "assist"... immediately after that the software was installed. I'm not sure what he did.

- There are currently 2 PC's in our home. The hacker has been able to access both PC's. Although he hacked into the laptop initially. The software program seems to connect through our Internet hosting company.

- Before removing completely, please provide instructions on maintaining any logs/information that could be helpful for me in the future to prove my PC was illegally hacked into.

- Last, files/documents were remotely downloaded by the hacker. Any way to collect a detailed report of the files that were downloaded?

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance. I will wait for your response.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

Hello ,I am going to ask that you repost this with a DDS log in a new topic. We need some detailed info.
Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ttillman

ttillman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

Hello,

Per your instructions I reposted the topic in the malware forum on the 15th. I have not received a response, yet. Please advise.

Thanks.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hello, sorry you are still waiting. Due to volume of logs and the coming holiday, our volunteers have developed about an 8 day backlog. I looked and you are near the top. ALL logs are answered. So if you can just hold out a bit more you will be helped.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 ttillman

ttillman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:07 AM

Thank you kindly! I finally received a response. Excited.

Take care and thanks again for your assistance.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

You're welcome, I will close this now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users