Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan and Walmart Gift Card Pop Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kutlessrocks777

kutlessrocks777

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

I have a virus (or multiple for that fact). I've been working on destroying them for weeks, and I can't seem to completely remove the viruses. I can defend it, just not remove it. The first virus that I started receiving was the $1000 Walmart Gift Card Pop Up virus. Anytime I open up a new internet browser, a new tab will pop up with this ad, a news article from cnn or other legit reporting companies in regards to working at home, and other winning ads. This is where my issues seem to have started from. After this started, about the next day I was trying to google search the virus and what it was and how to fix it when I noticed that my google searches have been redirected. Each time it takes me to another website that seems like what I was searching, but not the website that I wanted to open.I was able to take care of the redirect and had it corrected, but like I said I can defend it for a day and then the following day it's back again.

I have a corporate version of Sophos on my system that I received from my work. It has picked up a couple of Trojan viruses (can provide specific trojans if needed and logs as well). I've also been using Spyware Doctor (without Anti-Virus) and Malware Bytes. All the programs seem to be picking up on the multiple trojans that are attacking the pc (started from the wal-mart pop up about 2 weeks ago). The programs say they are removing and quarantining the viruses. But it seems to continue to come back after a day of running smoothly and great.

My taskbar changes to completely white at random times and the only way to clear it is to reboot the pc. I keep getting a Host Process has failed windows message but doesn't specify which process it is referring to. I had some discovery within Mal-ware bytes that showed the hosts file was corrupted. Which I corrected that and made it read-only. Here recently I started getting the blue screen from windows that says "Windows has shut down to prevent further damage..." and it saves the dump files and then proceeds to restart the pc.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me resolve this issue. It's really starting to drain me down. Anyhelp would be great. The PC is Windows Vista Home Premium. Its slightly a year old. Thank you

Ginger

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richknobpots

richknobpots

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

Download the version of malwarebytes that is at least the 5302 database. That cleared it up for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users