Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overall security

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 QBALL263

QBALL263

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Ladies and gentlemen,
I am sorta technically inclined and am not "totally" lost around computers. With today's tech advancements and all the ***holes out there that take ultimate pleasure in causing havoc, I have become very paranoid. I would like to know where I can find no-nonsense, no BS, not $$$ affected reviews about which security software is out there. I use Win7 w/ Online Armour, & MS Security Essentials in real-time. Use Malwarebytes, Ad-Aware, Spybpt S&D on demand using cable modem and router. So many reviews tout packages as the "greatest thing to hit IE since electricity, but these are usually affected by $$$. ANYBODY have any suggestions? I'm desperate!! Thanks in advance...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

Independent Anti-virus software Comparisons & TestsThese kinds of comparative testing results will vary depending on a variety of factors to include but not limited to who conducted the testing, what they were testing for (type of threats, attack vectors, exploits), what versions of anti-virus software was tested, what type of scanning engine was used, and the ability to clean or repair. There are no universally predefined set of standards or criteria for testing which means each test will yield different results. As such, you need to look for detailed information about how the tests were conducted, the procedures used, and data results. Read Anti-virus Testing Websites: An overview of testing sites

Anti-virus Software Reviews
Choosing an anti-virus is a matter of personal preference, your needs, your technical ability and experience, features offered, user friendliness, ease of updating (and upgrading to new program release), ease of installation/removal, available technical support from the vendor and price. Other factors to consider include detection rates and methods, scanning engine effectiveness, how often virus definitions are updated, the amount of resources the program utilizes, how it may affect system performance and what will work best for your system. A particular anti-virus that works well for one person may not work as well for another. There is no universal "one size fits all" solution that works for everyone and there is no best anti-virus. You may need to experiment and find the one most suitable for your needs. For more specific information to consider, please read Choosing Your Anti-virus Software.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users