Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyblaster update problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

Thought I would throw this out to those of you that have encountered the problem updating Spyblaster
due to a recent update to Avira.If you have you know what I am talking about.The workaround

Here is the work around:
1. Open Avira AntiVir Personal. (There is likely an icon on your desktop, or in your system tray by the clock.)
2. Click the "Configuration" link on the main screen. This opens the configuration panel.
3. Check the "Expert mode" option.
4. Click on General > Security.
5. *Uncheck* the option titled "Protect files and registry entries from manipulation".
6. Click the "OK" button.
7. Reboot your computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:02 PM

Do you mean SpywareBlaster?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 trappermike

trappermike

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

Are you SURE Spyblaster is a legitimate program? And that it should be allowed to manipulate files and registry entries?

#4 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

An update problem is not all times another Virus, sometimes has the server of a company a Technical problem.
When you use Avira and you got a problem with Spyblaster, than is it from my opinion smart, when you wait with updating and than try later.
About Avira and whatever, people are smart when they scan more times per week their harddisk.
Scanning the hd. 2 days per week is smart, because you cannot know.
And of course, take care that you use a legal program.
On Internet is there a lot of nasty stuff.
How do you see or a program is legal?
You does see this at the watermark image.

#5 trappermike

trappermike

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

Is your program SpyBlaster or Spyware Blaster? I know Spyware Blaster is a legitimate program,I've used it.However SpyBlaster sounds like a fake copy to me(I could be wrong),fakes often have a name very close to a real program so they are easily confused,and I've found the fake programs usually contain a virus or Trojan,often a trojan will cripple a legitimate program on your computer like Avira.
Do a Google search with the exact name of your Spyblaster("Spyblaster-Opinions and reviews") and see what results and opinions you get.
If it's bogus remove it and every trace of it from your computer(It can reside in System Restore files too).Also first run your anti-virus programs to find and remove any of it's nasty details.I use Norman Malware Cleaner Tool for anything stubborn to find.
Avira may be damaged,you can remove and reinstall it. On Avira's website under "Tools" they have a Registry Cleaner that removes all of Avira's previous values on your computer after an uninstall,so you can do a "clean" re-install.
In my experience almost every bogus Anti-virus,Anti-spyware program has a trojan in it-bastards! :angry:

#6 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

http://www.spyblaster.com/

When you follow this link than you'll see that Spyblaster remove all Spyware and Adware.
What I can say is: Some programs need Spy or Adware.
When a program just like Spyblaster remove all Spyware and Adware than the risk is there, that you cannot use longer a program.
Avira, Spybots and destroy, Avast and other stuff, use all Spyware or Adware.
When the Spyware of the program Avira will been removed, you can tell on your fingers that Avira don't good work anymore.
I spoke now over Spyware and Adware, but there are also programs that use Trojan Agents.
Trojans are bad, indeed, when I see this sort things, than have I the intention for removing the Trojan Agent, but some program makers make not Spyware or Adware, but a Trojan Agent for searching your hard disk for updates.
My excuses that I speak now over Trojans and not over Spyware and Adware, but I found it important for tell this to you.
Okay, let we say that Spyblaster is legal, I ask my self: Is that Spyblaster program a good program, in my honestly must I saying, I will not using that program.
:nono: I use Spywareblaster and Spybots & Destroy, from these programs do I know, that these programs are safe.

#7 Sector17

Sector17

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:28 AM

That last post is a bit hard to understand, but in any case, "Spyblaster.com" looks like a product being sold through Clickbank for $29.95. The website is not very well done and is frankly pretty suspicious looking to me.

I'll stick to legitimate free programs like MBAM and SpyWAREBlaster, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users