Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Unidentified network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kalawin1

kalawin1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:50 AM

Hello,

I bought a laptop. Turned on the wireless network but now, control panel networsk sharing when opened it shows unidentified network but it shows also that ipv4 connectivity is local, ipv6 is limited. I clicked diagnose network and it says cannot communicate with DSN server 68.105.28.12

reseting adapters didnt work and automatically get new ip didnt work either. please help. do ineed to replace my network card? or its a software issue.

thank you so much for your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AltGEKE

AltGEKE

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

Do you have more information on the laptop?

Also, try setting the DNS manually. Google Public DNS is a decent one. Main: 8.8.8.8, Secondary: 8.8.4.4
These are accessible from the properties of the wireless interface. That will test if it is your DNS server or not.

If you are running Vista, this is a problem I've seen happen a lot, and happened to myself, even.
I don't know of a current fix, but someone else might.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users