Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinSATRestorePower - Spybot detection - Windows Crashed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stpdgirl

stpdgirl

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:21 AM

Hello all

I am pretty sure I have some sort of virus but I wanted to post and ask for some help before I went and did something to make things worse. Spybot Search and Destroy, from yesterday evening, started popping (repeatedly) up with a dialog asking permission for a registry change which had to do with WinSATRestorePower. It was deleting a value or some other and I'm not exactly sure what it was asking for but I denied it out of suspicion as I didn't know what program was trying to mess with my registry.
(Note: Also, yesterday, I just installed a Microsoft LifeCam but it seemed to be compatible with my Windows 7 just fine)
Today I turned on my computer and after it configured the Microsoft Lifecam/webcam shortly, after I clicked on the lifecam program dialog a minute later the screen got all weird and then it went to a blue screen that babbled about dumping memory. Also I've started the computer since the dump happened at 11:35pm, ran Spybot Search and Destroy and all it found was coupon adware that I wasn't able to remove because I'm not the administrator. It is now 1:19am and there is no sign of another memory dump. I'm not sure if this is associated with the webcam drivers, a possible trojan/adware/malware or maybe has something to do with the graphic card recently installed? I'd really appreciate some help.Thanks in advance!

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3650
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 cpu 2.80GHz 2.79GHz
Memory: 1.50 GB
32 - bit

Edited by stpdgirl, 13 December 2010 - 02:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:43 AM

We need to know more about your BSODs...

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)

No installation required.

Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program and When scanning is done, go to Edit > Select All.

Then go to File > Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Compliments of Broni

#3 stpdgirl

stpdgirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

I think I did it right, or at least I hope I did!
Is this what you were looking for?

==================================================
Dump File : 121210-33359-01.dmp
Crash Time : 12/12/2010 11:35:40 PM
Bug Check String : BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
Bug Check Code : 0x000000fe
Parameter 1 : 0x00000006
Parameter 2 : 0x84c6dcf0
Parameter 3 : 0x43787254
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : USBPORT.SYS
Caused By Address : USBPORT.SYS+1025
File Description : USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor : 32-bit
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\121210-33359-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7600
==================================================

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

Try updating your USB Drivers.

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#5 stpdgirl

stpdgirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

Hey CryptoDan! Thanks for such prompt replies! I did a web search on BSOD and that Microsoft Lifecam and found there are lots of BSOD associated with that camera. I believe that my computer automatically conncted with the internet to get the latest updated drivers when I connected the USB webcam because there was no driver CD/DVD disk that came with it.

In any case here is the Speccy Snapshot of my computer you asked for.

Speccy Link

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:34 AM

Your Motherboard is not compatible with Windows 7, and I would suggest down grading to Windows Vista if possible.

As per: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18576&ProdId=1049&lang=eng

#7 stpdgirl

stpdgirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

Thats so strange! Okay, I'll definitely take note of that. So that's what caused the crash? Why did it take so long for it to realize that the motherboard wasn't compatible with Windows 7?

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Its not so much the fact that it took this long to find out its the fact that your new device caused this issue to come about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users