Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Scan With Any Program

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xandsterlol

xandsterlol

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

It all started woth a google redirect virus that i tried to remove and so i download hitman pro3.5 and it closed when it just started scanning, at first i thought hitman was a fake but i downloaded malwarebytes i know that isnt a fake.
i tried rebooting my laptop and now the keybaord and mouse wont work i am currently using a usb mouse and keyboard.
i also tried to post a hijackthis log but it wont even scan or start(malwarebytes also).i also read somewhere that atapi.sys is the source of the problem it is located at "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers".

oh and when i try to run malwarebytes or rename it an error states

"windows cannot access the specified deivce, path, or file .You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

but for some reason i know this is caused by the virus.

Edited by hamluis, 12 December 2010 - 06:40 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xandsterlol

xandsterlol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

I recently gotten a virus which kept redirecting me and then it was a keyboard and mouse virus which didnt let me control them and now im not able to even start up my laptop. i get a error message from isass.exe(or something similar).I also tried running in safe mode, and still same thing.Now im trying to reformat my laptop which is a ibm thinkpad and uses windows xp and i think SP3.So i want to reformat my laptop ,but i dont have a disk or the know-how to get one, other than burning 1 into a cd or dvd so can anyone please help me find a way to reformat my laptop possibly by burning a recovery disk.

EDIT: Merged two topics, same issues ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 14 December 2010 - 08:19 AM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:12 AM

You already have a topic posted in the Am I Infected forum addressing this problem. Having multiple topics on the same subject will only confuse this issue. I would suggest sticking to your original post in the AII forum.

Just curious here. Why didn't you respond to Boopme's response in your first topic, his response was dated 11/02?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users