Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser redirect virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wolfpackmike

wolfpackmike

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

I have somehow acquired a redirect virus and have been unable to successfully locate it. I tried the TDSS killer and it could not locate it. I have MBAM and McAfee and nothing is showing up. Dont know what to do next. My browser is always redirected after clicking on a search result and I also am recieving many popups. There are multiple instances of rundll32.exe in task manager and multiple instances of iexplore.exe when there is only one browser or page open. Operating system is XP. I am also currently unable to right click on any icons on the desktop.

Edited by wolfpackmike, 12 December 2010 - 06:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users