Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Listen to/Watch YouTube

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GWBlack

GWBlack

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

Hi Folks,

My problem seems to only pertain to YouTube videos. Either they play with no sound, or else they don’t play at all. When they don’t play at all, I get an error saying “You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video. Download it from Adobe (Click here)”. But when I click to download it, I get another error saying “Flash Player 10.1 is not currently available for your 64-bit web browser.”

Whenever the YouTube videos do play, I have no sound. I know it’s not a hardware problem since the sound is fine when watching other internet videos (such as news website videos, tutorial videos from Crutchfield Electronics, etc.). The problem only seems to occur with YouTube. Any suggestions? I suspect it is a driver issue or Adobe Flash issue. BTW: I have Dell Inspiron 546 desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit version.

Thank you for any advice!
Gary

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

Uninstall Flash using the tool at this link and then reinstall it.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

#3 GWBlack

GWBlack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

Thanks for your reply. I got the video portion to work by choosing the 32-bit version of InternetExplorer 8.0 (before I was using the 64-bit version). However, I still have no sound. Could re-loading Adobe Flash using the link you provided fix my "no sound" problem (or was it only intended for the "video not playing" problem)?

As I mentioned before, the sound works fine for all other things (such as news video clips, Crutchfield tutorials, etc.) - just not for YouTube.

Edited by GWBlack, 12 December 2010 - 10:26 PM.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:30 AM

No the Flash uninstall tool is intended to uninstall Flash properly so you can install a fresh version. Using Add/Remove programs doesn't work for Flash. The fresh install won't install properly. I don't know if it will help your specific problem but it couldn't hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users